Royal Worlington and Newmarket Golf Club is a private members club where we value the traditional aspects of the game on the course and in the clubhouse.
As such, and for clarity for members and visitors alike, we operate the following dress code.
On the course and in all areas of the clubhouse smart casual dress is acceptable, subject to the following:
- No denim jeans, collarless shirts or trainers.
- Gentlemen are asked to wear shirts that are always tucked in.
- Clean golf shoes (without metal studs) may be worn in the clubhouse but not in the dining room.
- Rainwear should not be worn in the clubhouse except in the changing rooms.
- Tailored shorts (not cargo or beach shorts) may be worn on the course and in the clubhouse but not in the dining room.
- The Club prefers gentlemen to wear long socks with shorts. However, smart short socks are permitted with a preference for them being white.
- Gentlemen must wear a jacket and tie in the dining room.
- When playing with a guest members are responsible for ensuring the dress code is adhered to.
Mobile phones and similar devices may be used inside a car in the car park. In the clubhouse they may only be used for diary purposes. They can be used on the course only for medical emergencies